The Most Engaging Content for Each Course and Grade
Just because educational content is digital does not make it engaging. Selecting only the finest and most compelling educational content for each subject and grade level takes thoughtful planning. Calvert handles this curation for our school partners, with great care and a clear pedagogy. Our staff of educators and curriculum specialists evaluate and select content from best-in-class educational providers. We choose the most engaging content to bring lessons to life and engage students.
When your students step into Calvert’s learning environment, they’ll find a wealth of multimedia resources woven into lessons. Our approach to content is also designed to:
- Motivate students to learn by making lessons more exciting
- Deepen their understanding by requiring them to interact with content in meaningful ways
- Boost academic achievement by providing immediate feedback on progress and challenges.
Using Interactive Media to Achieve Active, “Minds-On” Learning
To be clear, this is not a passive, “just watch the video” environment. Instead, we’ve carefully chosen interactive resources that promote active, minds-on learning:
- Virtual labs and simulations that help develop scientific and critical thinking skills
- Interactive maps, historical artifacts, and vintage newsreels that make social studies come alive
- Visual modeling tools and interactive games and quizzes that sharpen math skills and test comprehension
- Interactive templates that help students make sense of what they are reading and writing
- Multimedia tools that make projects more fun, meaningful, and doable — for students and parents.
- Creating chemical reactions in a virtual lab
- Walking through history with FDR, MLK, or Golda Meir in vintage news clips
- Discovering foreign lands, history, and people in a virtual, interactive atlas of the world
- Exploring the world’s most-loved literature with the click of a mouse.
In addition to online content, Calvert also offers printed texts and other materials to supplement the digital experience.